Long-Term Effects of Cyberbullying in Australia and How to Fix Them
How Leaders of Evolution Can Help Your Students Battle Cyberbullying in Australia
As we enter a new technological era, cyberbullying has drastically increased leaving students in Australia feeling alone and in search of a solution. This is most definitely a difficult situation for everyone involved: students, parents, and even school faculty. Well luckily for you, Leaders of Evolution is here to help! By implementing a social-emotional curriculum, you can better prepare your students to battle cyberbullying in Australia and prevent them from engaging in this harmful behaviour themselves.
Within this article, you can expect to learn some of the long-term effects of cyberbullying in Australia as well as tactics to combat it. Leaders of Evolution are fully aware of how harmful cyberbullying can be for your students, and we want to ensure that they feel confident in their abilities to take on these struggles. We build allies while breaking down the bystander effect.
Who are Leaders of Evolution and What Can We Do For You?
Leaders of Evolution is an e-learning company whose courses focus on the lesser discussed topics in school, such as leadership, life-skills, and social-emotional learning. Although less common than core classes like math and English, we strongly believe that these subjects are just as vital for students to learn. Believe it or not, no equation solves the problem of cyberbullying in Australia. You may even find these interpersonal skills to be more useful in the long run as they do not cater to one specific field of study. We fully recognise the importance of students’ mental health. That’s why it plays such an integral role in our course curriculum.
By teaching your students the importance of their self-worth, they will be significantly less affected by others’ negative actions. Our self-reflection journals will guide them in identifying harmful behaviour in both themselves and their peers. Implementing a social-emotional curriculum is the best way to tend to your students’ needs. From a young age, they will learn the importance of their mental health and the effects that their actions have on others.
With our help…
- Develop their self-awareness and leadership effectiveness
- Investigate, research and deliver projects to positively impact others
- Develop and apply the 4 C’s – Competence, Confidence, Character & Connectedness in their environment
- Feel better prepared to tackle cyberbullying in Australia
- Gain more outcomes in less time
- Establish & implement an effective student leadership framework
- Leverage course resources, evaluate student progression and acknowledge the application of tangible leadership
- Be able to identify when cyberbullying is occurring and what to do about this situation
- Develop and embrace student voice and agency
- Encourage, challenge and celebrate the leadership learning experience of students
- Recognise the achievements of student growth and the delivery of school community projects
- Notice significantly fewer accounts of cyberbullying following the course introduction
What Are The Long-Term Effects of Cyberbullying for Students in Australia?
Now you know how Leaders of Evolution can help combat cyberbullying, but you may still be wondering why this is necessary? While I’m sure you’re well aware of the immediate negative effects that this behaviour has on your students, you may wrongfully assume that once the bullying stops, so do the effects of it. This is, unfortunately, not the case. Believe it or not, there are drastic long-term effects for both the victim and the bully. Below is just a small list of what can go wrong when cyberbullying is left unresolved:
For the victim:
- Poor school performance
- Chronic depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Difficulty establishing trusting friendships and healthy relationships
- Increased risk of suicidal thoughts and/or self-destructive behaviour
For the cyberbully:
- Higher likelihood of spousal or child abuse
- Risk of antisocial behaviour
- Fewer employment and educational opportunities
- Substance abuse
- Increased chances of problems with the law
Let’s Put an End to this Problem
Leaders of Evolution does not take this topic lightly and are extremely serious about protecting your students from the long-term effects of cyberbullying in Australia. We are confident that the implementation of our social-emotional curriculum will have nothing but positive effects on your school community. Your students deserve to learn about the power they hold so that they can use it for good, not only in the future but immediately as well. Do your students a favour and put their mental health first. Let’s put an end to this problem, together!
Our News. Your Inbox.
FREE, Instant, Access to Leadership Tools
(Valued at $189.00)
Connect With Us
Our Most Popular Courses
Leaders of Evolution are passionate about education. We expertly design and deliver technology enhanced e-learning courses focused on leadership, social and emotional learning, career readiness and sports coaching for students, teachers, athletes, coaches and the wider community.