My Student-Athlete: All You Need to Know
Here at Leaders of Evolution, we are proud to work closely with the NCAA athlete program. Our unique online learning company works hard to provide athletes with the skills needed to be successful both in and out of their sporting endeavours. We provide student-athlete courses geared towards aiding athletic departments in all things from boosting commercial revenue to helping your athletes in becoming career ready.
Before one can go about achieving success in the NCAA athlete program, they must register for a Certification Account with the NCAA Eligibility Center. At Leaders of Evolution, we make everything simpler for you. Below you will find the steps needed to become an official NCAA student-athlete.
My Student-Athlete Prior to Registration Checklist
These are the basic requirements in registering for My Student-Athlete. Before taking the next steps in your career, here are some things you will need:
- Valid Email Address: Make sure this is an email that you will have access to following your completion of high school. It’s important that you regularly check this mailbox to ensure that you do not miss any important information or news.
- Education History: To complete the My Student-Athlete process, you will need to provide a list of all high schools and secondary schools that you attended, as well as the dates in which you have done so.
- Sports Participation History (Certification Accounts Only): Here you will include all details regarding teams you have played with and events you participated in. Additionally, you will need to reference the individuals who have advised you or marketed your skills.
- Payment (Certification Accounts Only): For students within the U.S., registering for the My Student-Athlete portal will cost $90. For those who live outside of the U.S. and Canada, the registration fee will be $150. Please note that some students may be eligible for a fee waiver.
The Next Steps in Registering for the My Student-Athlete Portal
- You will need to visit eligibilitycenter.org and read over the two account descriptions in order to decide whether you would like to sign up with a Certification Account or Profile Page. If you are planning to compete at an NCAA Division I or II school, please select the “Create an Account” button. If you are unsure or plan to complete at a Division III school, you will select the “Create a Profile Page” button. Please note: you can switch from a Profile Page to a Certification Account, but not the other way around.
- Next, you will provide the email address you most frequently check to begin the registration process. There you will find an email containing the verification code needed to continue.
- You will now have access to the Account, Basic Information and Contact Pages which need to be filled out. Those with Certification Accounts will be prompted to pay the non-refundable registration fee. Then, you will be given 30 days from the time you received the verification code to submit your payment before your account is forfeited.
- Following payment, you can return to your My Student-Athlete Dashboard to complete the next steps. Regardless of account type, you will need to provide the sports & academic history as noted before. Please include any and all information relevant.
- Once you have completed this step, you will be guided to the My Student-Athlete Sports page in which you will select the sport(s) you wish to compete in. Questions will be provided.
- Once you have completed either the School section (Profile Pages) and Sports section (Certification Accounts), you will be guided back to your My Student-Athlete Dashboard.
What can Leaders of Evolution do for your athlete program?
Our carefully curated courses will set your student-athletes up for success whether they find themselves in the Professional or Olympic level of sports or working a typical ‘9-5’ career.
Alumni Engagement & Mentorship
Using professional video content and learning tools, both alumni and subject matter experts will be able to deliver a purposeful and longitudinal learning experience for your student-athletes.
Career Readiness Skills
A study done by the NCAA shows that 95.47% of NCAA student-athletes WILL NOT TRANSITION to the Professional or Olympic level. With the help of Leaders of Evolution, we can ensure that your athletes will feel prepared to enter whatever workforce they choose. They will be equipped with the leadership capabilities and confidence needed in achieving success.
More Than Compliance
Our learning methodologies ensure your institution leverage bespoke online courses that empower student-athletes both on and off the field of play through their entire athletic journey.
Holistic Athlete Development
Leaders of Evolution’s tailored suite of online courses ensures that each institution’s athlete program fosters an inclusive learning & development environment whether your student-athletes be a #1 Draft pick or a freshman walk-on.
Data & Analytics
In order to properly track student-athletes’ online progress, we provide real-time feedback and accurate reporting to effectively map, measure and track results within your athlete program.
Enhance Commercial Revenue
By harnessing the power of the digital world, we are able to provide an exciting footprint that attracts new and enhances existing donor and sponsorship opportunities by leveraging your fully-branded online learning platform.
Make a Difference in Your Athlete Program
A partnership with Leaders of Evolution is one that can separate your student athlete’s capabilities from its competitors. We know how competitive this industry can be, so get ahead with our help!
Click here to learn more about all we can do for your athlete program.
Our News. Your Inbox.
FREE, Instant, Access to Leadership Tools
(Valued at $189.00)
Connect With Us
Our Most Popular Courses
Leaders of Evolution are passionate about education. We expertly design and deliver technology enhanced e-learning courses focused on leadership, social and emotional learning, career readiness and sports coaching for students, teachers, athletes, coaches and the wider community.